Monday, October 27, 2008

The Name Game

I started to respond with all this info in a comment, but realized it was getting a bit too long! I decided to switch it to a post!

It's funny because lots of you have asked about a name ending with the "n!" In fact, that's been our discussion thus far... how to keep that going! Ha! I never imagined myself trying to coordinate kid's names, but it seems like we've set a standard and we can't turn back! I wouldn't want little #4 to feel left out!! So, we're searching for that perfect one that ends with the same sound!

We've also tried to make sure that all our first names either have a family tie or a great meaning (Collin- my Papa's surname; Griffin- with great faith; Eden- delight, and we loved that it was the place that God originally created as perfect!"); and then we like our middle names to be something Biblical : (Isaiah; Nathanael; Grace)!

Gee, I bet you didn't expect to get all that information!!
So, play the name game with us!! See what you can come up with!

9 Comments:

Blogger SouthAsiaRocks said...

Girl names:
Kiran - ray of light
Evangeline - Good News (or Bringer of Good News) (ends in the "n" sound even though there's an "e" at the end - but depends on how you pronounce it - Evange-lynn or Evange-lean... hmmm)

Girl Bible Name... hmm...
Faith
Tabitha
Hope

Boy Names:
Bowden - Messenger
Jeevan - Life

Boy Bible Name...
Luke - Light, Light-giving
Joseph


I'm not good with boy names :) This is fun :) yay!!! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!!!!!

6:02 PM

 
Blogger SouthAsiaRocks said...

Oh, and Kiran is a Hindi name in case you're interested :)

6:05 PM

 
Blogger nolegirl1 said...

I like aaron for a boy. It means strong, exalted. Bethan means God is my oath and I think it runs along your unique names. Cailyn means pure.

9:55 AM

 
Blogger nolegirl1 said...

I am sure you already know this but babynames.com lets you search names by what it ends with! and even what it means. You could try that too. I am very excited for you guys!
-Erica

9:57 AM

 
Blogger Emily said...

Okay, I want to play! If it's a girl:

Aislynn or Aislen - means dream! Because it is no coincidence that God gave you the dream calendar for this time and his dream for you was this precious little one!

If it's a boy: middle name Benjamin. While Benjamin means: child of my right hand, the ending amin is Arabic for "completely trustworthy." I just feel like since this was an unexpected pregnancy, it would be so priceless to name a child after God's complete trustworthiness even when it is something we hadn't planned! Okay, those are my thoughts:) I'll love anything you choose!

12:17 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

To continue the ending game

Arien -enchanted (Hebrew)
Aden-little fire (Irish)
Benjamin- Son of my right hand (Hebrew)
Ethan -firm, strong (hebrew)
Nathan - He gave (Hebrew)
My personal favorite
Alan - little rock (English) or harmony (Gaelic)

Gretchen as Alan again :)

5:20 PM

 
Blogger Wendy said...

stephen--martyred for Christ (the first one I think)

then pick a prophet that goes with that :)

8:53 PM

 
Blogger Heather Henderson said...

Ok, ready?
Agamenon - Greek/Very Resolute!
Algernon - English/With a moustache
Joaquin - Spanish/Raised by Yahweh
Kirkan - Armenian/Watchful

Really, if you need any more help, let me know! ;)

9:05 AM

 
Blogger Anthony and Sharon said...

I'm not sure how I missed this post! I posted my lists under the "Its' a..." post.

11:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home