Sunday, December 16, 2007

O Christmas Tree...

Well, finally I am getting around to posting our Christmas Tree decorating adventure. I say adventure because anytime you try to do something as tedious as this with three little ones, three years and younger, it's always full of twists and turns that you weren't expecting! Our first decision this year was to switch back to an artificial tree. In our 5 years of marriage, we have never had an artificial tree! Many years ago, while a student at FSU, I had purchased one for my apartment. So, out of storage it came. The main reason we made the "big decision" was because of one curious little 9 month old! Eden has to put everything in her mouth. If I turn around for one second, she has found something to chew on or eat! Shoes, toys, lint, paper, and the list goes on. We thought it would be much wiser to have something artificial hanging out in our living room for a month, than a beautiful shedding green tree! At any rate, here are a few images from our experience!

Eden got to go first, since it is after all her first Christmas.
She was putting on an ornament before the lights even made it up, primarily because I thought it was going to be too late for her! In other words, she'd be super fussy and ready for bed. She surprised us and made it all the way to the end of the whole ordeal!
I think she enjoyed it just by the sweet expression on her face.
Collin was busy trying to get the lighting situation straightened out. Every year I am very organized about the lights, but they were borrowed for a shower and came back a little knotted up. Being a tad O.C.D., Collin thought he could fix the problem without any trouble. Turns out, he needed a little help! :-)
Finally, he got to put on some ornaments!

Griffin wanted to reach way up high with his Daddy!
And way down low too, all on his own! I think I must have moved dozens of ornaments off of these 5 branches once the boys were in bed!
Collin looked so tall during all the decorating!
Here's Griffin posing with the tree!

I was just playing around with some exposures and post editing. This was a fun picture, but now that our homemade ornaments are up and presents are slowly getting wrapped, I think I'll take another one and post it soon too!

2 Comments:

Blogger SouthAsiaRocks said...

How fun!! I LOVE the pic of Griffin posing with the tree! He's making an awesome cute face! Collin DOES look tall! Wow!! He's so big!!!
Your tree looks great!

11:55 PM

 
Blogger Heather Henderson said...

How cute! I love that you let them decorate and then you RE-decorate. I am a little offended by the fake tree. A little roughage never hurt anyone, right? :) It is a very cute tree!

2:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home