Monday, September 24, 2007

Woolite- Not Just for Carpet Anymore!!

I can't believe I am actually going to post this little tid bit from our day! Maybe it will bring some laughter to yours! It all started out with Collin having to go to the bathroom during his quiet time. He called me in, just to let me know that he was taking care of his business, when he suddenly jumped and blurted out- "MOMMY, THERE'S A LIZARD ON THE WALL!"
-------------------------
You see, for some reason, lizards love our yard. To say love is probably even an understatement! They especially enjoy the little deck we have and congregate there on a daily basis. So, to see one in our house wasn't that surprising!

HOWEVER, under no circumstance am I ever the one to trap and dispose of slimy little critters! I can't take it! But, Rahul isn't in town- not even in the state- so I knew this was up to me. YIKES!
----------------
I stared at it for awhile, flicked the lights on and off, trying to disturb it and move it a little closer to the floor. When that didn't work, I started thinking of alternatives. I came up with Lysol! Yes, I know- this is really sad, I mean he's like one billionth of the size of me (and I'm terrified)!! So, I sprayed that little joker until he was really miffed. He was running all over the bathroom walls like crazy! Collin was cracking up at this point- when suddenly, I realized- COLLIN!! He's a boy- a lizard can't be that scary to him. So, the bribing began! I offered him 1.00 if he would catch it in a cup and take it outside. He agreed! (HA!!) The second he got near the lizard he grabbed my hand and said he needed some help! Instantly, I had one of those light bulb moments- and ran for the Woolite. It's a nice thick foamy cleaning agent and I couldn't imagine a lizard walking away from that! So, we wedged him in the bathtub and sprayed until he was completely covered in a sea of white!
It worked! Collin grabbed the cup, scooped him up and we ran outside with him! Here he is, dumped in the yard- still a little foamy (and now "scotchgarded") ... surprisingly, later this afternoon he was gone... hmmm?! I'll leave that up to your own imagination! At any rate, Collin earned his dollar (and proudly bought a Hotwheels car at Target) and again surprised me with his clever application of Scripture!
As we were cleaning up the mess and putting away all the chemicals, he looked up at me and said, "See Mommy, we really can do all things through Christ!"
It just doesn't get any better than that!!

5 Comments:

Blogger SouthAsiaRocks said...

hahahaha! THat is hilarious! That is so funny!! That was the best story! I could totally picture that too :) That's awesome! haha! How much Lysol and Woolite did you have to clean up afterwards? That's great! Collin's response afterwards is so cute too! What a cute kid :)

9:47 PM

 
Blogger Heather Henderson said...

That is great! I feel a little sorry for the lizard. WOOLITE!!!! You're nuts. We got a cat when we had a lizard problem and they all "miraculously" dissapeard. Not mention if I ever had one in the house Zoe was quick to save me. She worked on Cockroaches too.
I wanted to cry about the "we reall can do all things through Christ!" That is so precious.
I love that last picture of you guys. The look on his face is so funny!

9:17 AM

 
Blogger Heather Diaz said...

Great story! I'm glad everything turned out ok! I once found a spider in Adrienne's crib...extremely terrifying since Zach wasn't home and those eight legged things really freak me out!

7:06 AM

 
Blogger The Agarwals said...

There was lots of Woolite to clean up, but nothing in comparison to the thought of having to actually touch a lizard! And... there will be NO CATS in this house, ever! ha! They're even worse than slimy little critters!

7:15 AM

 
Blogger Anthony and Sharon said...

You may never want to visit us if lizards bring out the Woolite - we don't have Woolite but we have TONS of lizards called cicaks (pronounced CHEE-chacks)... except here they make loud "chick-chick-chick" noises (hence the name cicak) so you always know when you have one in the house (which is pretty much all the time).

4:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home