Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Surprise Guest Brings Nightime Surprises Too!

Well, this past week has been so rough! Eden appears to be suffering from one extreme case of separation anxiety! She cries if I leave the room, turn my back or put her in her crib- not to mention, she gets really upset in the nursery at church too when she realizes her mommy and daddy are not there! It got so bad this weekend that we decided to take her to the doctor just to make sure nothing else was going on! We found out she weighs 16 pounds 1 ounce and has clear ears (that's a praise!!). They took her blood- twice they pricked and prodded- she didn't even shed a tear- I mean not even a whimper! I was so proud (and shocked)!! Currently, we are working on the fun specimen samples (and if you're a parent) you likely know what I mean- I'll spare all the details, no matter how funny they are!! This is all precautionary, to make sure nothing is hurting internally, that we can't catch with the human eye. However, the doctor is pretty sure it's nothing more than one overwhelming case of the aforementioned issue. Which leads me to these pictures!
------------------------------
Monday evening our good friend Eric was in the area on business and it took a little longer than expected, so he stayed over at our place. Obviously, the idea was to give him Eden's room (A.K.A. the guest bedroom). So, that meant Eden was going to sleep in her cute little pink playpen in our room. Remember the case of separation anxiety I was mentioning?? To get her to sweet slumber took over an hour (maybe more- if you count how many times I had to go in and calm her down, only for the fits to start up as soon as she was out of my arms). In the end, I gave her the shirt off my back- literally- (this is what being a parent is all about)- and wrapped her up in it. The scent is supposed to be soothing and comforting- it appeared to work- this time! Here she is all bundled up!



Tonight, when you're crawling in to bed, please say a prayer for Eden (and me) and ask the Lord to speed up this particular stage so that we too can get a good nights sleep!!!
Thanks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anthony and Sharon said...

Wow...textbook 6 months anxiety separation! All my childhood development classes are coming back to me now! She WILL get through it!! I'm talking as a person that had to study this stuff from textbooks, not as an experienced parent...so sorry I can't provide any helpful tips (like giving her your shirt...which is pretty clever if you ask me)!!

5:37 PM

 
Blogger SouthAsiaRocks said...

Dude! That shirt thing is great!! What a great idea! She looks so cute too!! :) Fun!

7:18 PM

 
Blogger SouthAsiaRocks said...

(OK, so I'm sure it's not THAT fun... but the shirt is fun :) We'll be lifting you guys up!!)

7:19 PM

 
Blogger Heather Henderson said...

Oh man. That is rough. Caroline never had that. Jack did. I just had to (and sometimes still do) let him get over it. It's better now that he is mobile because he can follow me around everywhere. I am sure she will become secure in her own cutness very soon. Im praying for ya!

6:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home