Thursday, November 01, 2007

Diego and Baby Jaguar!

Last night, I was Mom to Diego and Baby Jaguar! The boys have been so excited about these costumes, begging to wear them almost every day for a month! My mom made Collin's vest and my Gran made Griffin's costume! Obviously, they worked hard at it because I am in no way handy with a sewing machine. That's where this story gets rather comical! Just hours before leaving for the Fall Festival, I got Collin's vest out of his closet. Sometime during the day, in his excitement he had attempted to pull it off the hanger- and I do mean pull! There was a huge rip on the shoulder- literally it was being held together by only a few threads! I went into panic mode! How was I going to resolve this situation? Remember, I don't sew! (It's so bad, Rahul puts buttons back on, not me!) I immediately called the BCM knowing that out of all those students, someone had to be crafty with thread and needles! I was right, but figured that I should at least give it a try! About 45 minutes later, with nothing short of a miracle, it was "fixed!" I have no idea how I did it, but it worked and Collin was able to be Diego, Animal Rescuer!

Here they are, Diego and his trusty pet.
I had purchased a video watch ( parents you know what I'm talking about)for Collin's costume and kept it a secret until just minutes before this photo. Griffin was amazed by the "screen!"
Showing some love!
Back to the video watch!
Doesn't he really look like Diego?!




Here's Baby Jaguar!
Can you see the resemblance?!


He may be a Jaguar, but he still knows how to make classic Griffin faces!
Off to rescue some candy...I mean animals!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

So just when I think they can't get any cuter...they get all dressed up like this and prove me wrong!!! These are amazing halloween costumes! They're going to remember these for a long time!

10:43 AM

 
Blogger Heather Henderson said...

Those two are so dang cute. Collin makes the perfect Diego and what can I say about baby jaguar except, ROAR!!! Too cute.

I am so proud of your attempt at sewing! I know how to sew and I never do it. I have half finished projects everywhere I look!

1:11 PM

 
Blogger SouthAsiaRocks said...

Tooo cute!!!!! Collin really does look like Diego!!!! Good thing you got that vest fixed :) I love how Collin loves his video watch - too cute!!! Griffin is sooo cute! I especially love that last picture as he's looking back - too adorable!
Just a random fact... they play Dora here on TV in Hindi but the spanish words are still spanish - pretty fun :)

12:07 AM

 
Blogger Life in Green-Land said...

I am impressed by the costumes! i thought for sure collin's was store-bought. the vest is perfect! thank God for grandmas who know how to sew...otherwise gracie wouldn't have had her costume either! :)

7:01 AM

 
Blogger Yvette said...

Hi, You don't know me, but my name is Yvette and I was searching the net for baby jaguar costumes and I came across your blog. I absolutely love the costume you made! So I have a few questions, where did you find that cute brown sweatsuit? I love how it has light brown on the sleeves....I am running out of time and really want to dress them up as diego and jaguar, so any help would be great!

3:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home