Thursday, September 13, 2007

Our Faith Journal

I have been wanting to do this for sometime, in fact, I purchased the book about a month ago to get started, but somehow it got pushed to the side. I found it this weekend and today I explained to the boys about our new faith journal. Every day after we've done our Bible story we are going to record something special. Today we talked about God's provision. I asked the boys what God provides for them and then wrote it down- I love that Collin said waffles!! Then each of the boys had a chance to color on that page. Griffin did a little abstract art, while Collin opted for a rainbow, telling me that God provides that too!

The second page we will work on every day is called "Let's Pray!" We've always taught the boys to pray for others, family members, friends, missionaries, BCM students and the list goes on. But I thought this would make it way more tangible for them! Today we prayed for Adam, Andrea, and Jellybean as well as Char-Char (it's his birthday today)!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLEY!! We are also memorizing verses and Philippians 4:13 is a favorite, so we recorded that verse at the bottom of the page and included that in our prayer as well.

I am eager to see how this faith journal grows!!I pray that it will touch the boys hearts and help provide them with a fresh perspective on the awesome God we serve, as well as help them establish a prayer life that incorporates the needs of others rather than just a long list of "I want or I need." Stay tuned as I will certainly post anything neat that occurs with this new journey!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Henderson said...

What a great idea!!! I was just talking to Rick about starting something like this in the morning with Caroline. Where did you get this book? What's is called??? EMAIL ME!

9:21 PM

 
Blogger SouthAsiaRocks said...

That's such a cool idea!! I love it! Thanks for including us in it! How fun!!! I love that idea - that's too cool!!

10:37 PM

 
Blogger Adam SheF said...

THANKS!

12:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home