Monday, March 26, 2007

March 23rd = 5 Years!

So, the big day finally arrived! Our official anniversary and the TMNT Movie Rahul has been waiting to see for so long! We knew we were going to be surrounded by kids, but I think we may have been some of the oldest people in that theater! This was confirmed when I got nailed in the back of the head with popcorn about 5 minutes after we sat down to enjoy our very "Romantic" evening out on the town!! However, the movie was a blast!! I recalled watching the cartoons with my cousin Charley and brother Bill- and surprisingly, I actually enjoyed every second of it!


Before leaving for the movie- taking this pic brought back some memories too! We usually pose for our "anniversary" pics in front of an antique door that Rahul brought back from a mission trip just before we were married- but it got left behind in New Orleans after the hurricane- tear, tear- I am not sure Rahul was to disappointed!

5 YEARS!! Rahul noticed that his thumb actually made it look like 6, so we'll have to repeat this pose next year as well!

When I got into the car my gift was waiting on me- I opened up this beautiful leather photo album first- A place to store all our special pics, including the cheesy ones at the top of this post!


WOW! I was certainly not expecting this! I guess it doesn't really need an explanation, except "Don't I have the best husband ever?!"

Ok, so this one does call for an explanation!! Every year we try to follow that traditional gifts list- you know like one year you get paper, one year cotton, etc... But, we always try to put a fun and personal spin on it... Well, on your 5th anniversary you are supposed to get wood. Funny thing is, we both forgot- well sort of- Rahul, at the last second showed me up, by including this WOODEN paint stick in the gift bag- creative? yes! even practical? yes! romantic? certainly not! But that necklace more than made up for it! And, just for a side note, I declared that the wood Houston's uses to cook completely covered up for my forgetfulness! :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two very sweet girls from the BCM watched our kids while we celebrated our anniversary. When they arrived, they had these beautiful purple tulips and a sweet card- with a gift card to go out to eat and a coupon valid for another night of free babysitting! Woo Hoo!! They truly are the best!!


2 Comments:

Blogger Anthony and Sharon said...

WOW! That's the "Thanks for birthing my 3 beautiful Children in under 5 years" gift...haha! And i SO miss BCM girls...they're the best fo' sure. Keep up the good marriage!

5:36 PM

 
Blogger SouthAsiaRocks said...

Awesome!! Looks like lots of fun! That necklace is cool!
I didn't know that your door got left behind in NO - definitely sad. I have that door in a lot of pics (and memories :))
Rahul's pose is kinda like 5 years and a 'thumbs-up' to grow on... something like that :)
Glad you guys had a blast!!

12:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home