Sunday, March 18, 2007

Almost 5 Years!

After Rahul's trip to New Orleans I had a surprise up my sleeve. I kept the kids with me in Wauchula for an extra day so that he could relax and rest from a long and tiresome week. Waiting on him at the house was an invitation for an early anniversary celebration. My mom came back with me to Tampa and watched all three little ones while I took Rahul to Houston's (yes, his old stomping grounds while we were in seminary), one of our very favorite places to dine. We completely indulged! Imagine this: grilled salmon for an appetizer, a huge salad with buttermilk garlic and blue cheese dressing on the side, 2 entrees- which we split 1.) a Hawaiian rib eye with a loaded baked potato and 2.) a veggie burger with black beans and rice (surprisingly, one of our favorite dishes there) and of course we had to finish it off with something sweet- coffee and a five nut brownie! Yummo!! Although we left with 3 boxes full of food, we were completely stuffed. It was a great evening, with warm conversation and time to reflect on all that God has done in our lives since we met and committed our lives to one another. Perhaps though the biggest surprise for Rahul (besides the fact that I have been saving change for months on end to pay for this meal- oh yeah and the new hairdo) was the reason why we were celebrating a full week early: I have arranged for babysitters so that we can go watch the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie on the day it is released (March 23rd- our actual anniversary). So, this evening out was the romantic aspect and the movie will without a doubt be the fun and more comedic part of the celebration! Will let you know how the movie is!!

1 Comments:

Blogger SouthAsiaRocks said...

dude that's awesome!
You were totally making my mouth water with all that awesome Houston's food!!!
That is too perfect that your anniv is the day the Ninja Turtles movie comes out! Awesome!

10:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home